The USC Kortschak Center for Learning and Creativity (KCLC) will offer a one-semester fieldwork experience for USC’s Master’s Programs in Post-Secondary Administration and Student Affairs (PASA) and Educational Counseling (EC).
Enrollment in USC’s Master’s program. If you are enrolled in the MFT program, click here for more information on the traineeship we offer.
- Completion of coursework in the fundamentals of counseling, college student development, or learning and individual differences
- Be able to complete a full one-semester commitment, with a committed 5-10 hours per week, every week
This is an excellent opportunity for psychoeducational counseling experience with undergraduate students seeking services for learning differences, ADHD, and learning disabilities.
Successful candidates will:
- Gain skills in providing enhanced academic support to undergraduate students at USC
- Utilize a strength-based focus and multidisciplinary approach for understanding individual learning differences
- Gain interpersonal psychoeducational counseling skills in one-on-one meetings
- Gain knowledge of basic educational learning theories
- Increase personal knowledge in the realm of learning disorders, dyslexia, ADHD, and other learning differences
The following are regular weekly activities required for participation in the Practicum Training Program:
- Attendance at All Professional Development Seminars Monday mornings (10-1)
This is a non-salaried position.
As the Internship process is very personal and can be counted as 1-3 units per semester. It is imperative that you do thorough research into the Kortschak Center and the services we offer. Click here for a form that will need to be filled out in its entirety and emailed to the Kortschak Center for consideration. Applications that are thoughtfully completed with concrete details will be considered.
If you are interested in Assessment Fieldwork opportunities, please email Juliana firstname.lastname@example.org.
FALL SESSION: Must be turned in by Tuesday, August 6, 2019.
SPRING SESSION: Must be turned in by Friday, December 6, 2019.
SUMMER: no opportunities available.