In accordance with USC operating procedures, KCLC will be providing all Academic Coaching services such as Drop-In Coaching and Workshops online for the Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 semester. For questions about KCLC services, please email: email@example.com. Visit the Events Calendar for the Drop-in Appointment link.
2018-2019 Academic Coaching Staff
What is Academic Coaching?
The mission of Academic Coaching is to empower USC students to become successful and self-directed lifelong learners. Working 1-on-1 with an Academic Coach will help students identify and utilize new learning tools and strategies in order to help students meet their academic and personal goals. Each week coaches help students create their own action plan by identifying priorities and deadlines for the week. Academic Coaching is open to undergraduate students.
What will I gain in Academic Coaching?
In the Academic Coaching Program, students and coaches develop working relationships through weekly meetings and follow up email communications. In the meetings, coaches use a variety of tools to help students improve their time management, study strategies, issues related to attention, focus, and motivation.
Academic Coaches can assist students in the following areas:
- Establishing and maintaining daily schedules and routines
- Develop strategies for breaking down projects into manageable and achievable tasks
- Help students establish priorities and create S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Teach strategies for organizational management
- Support students through the decision-making process
- Increase awareness of procrastination and identify ways to get back on track
- Assist with exam preparation and test-taking strategies
Academic Coaching is not:
- Subject tutoring ( USC Tutoring Services )
- Individual class tutoring ( USC Tutoring Services )
- Personalized homework assistance
- Paper editing service
- Quick fix/instant improvement for academic struggles
How do I sign up?
For academic coaching assistance, please visit our Drop-in Hours.
If you are a student that has participated in academic coaching in the past, please email: Kortschakcenter@usc.edu