KCLC follows LA County and USC operating procedures. Even though masking is now optional for indoor spaces, it is strongly recommended to wear a mask while gathering with others.
Drop-ins are open times where academic coaches are available for a quick 20-30 minutes of assistance on your most immediate concerns. No RSVP or appointment is needed. Just come in and we will be happy to assist! PLEASE NOTE: Most like professor office hours, drop-ins may be in a group format depending on the availability of coaches and the number of students that are asking for assistance.
Because of FERPA regulations, if you are accessing an online drop-in, you will need to have your camera on. Please troubleshoot any Zoom issues, such as updating to the latest version, before logging into Drop-ins.
Potential topics for Drop-Ins:
- Establishing and maintaining daily schedules and routines
- Develop strategies for breaking down projects into manageable and achievable tasks
- Help students establish priorities and create S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Teach strategies for organizational management
- Increase awareness of procrastination and identify ways to get back on track
- Assist with exam preparation and test-taking strategies
Our Drop-in hours are posted on our Events Calendar.